Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mini Vacay

The girls and I just got back a few days ago from a little mini vacation in Orange Park. My Grandma - or "Grandma Gus" - was down from Maryland for another visit; her second in less than six months! We were so excited to see her again so soon. I was pretty stressed, though, for the few weeks leading up to our trip because I was unsure of how it was all going to go down -- things have been pretty tense since all of the holiday drama at the end of last year and we haven't been to my parents' house at all since Christmas...

But it went really, really well. We enjoyed each other's company, spent lots of time in the pool, the girls and I slept in everyday (oh, the cuddles!), they took their naps and got along really well, I put a good dent in my new book, there was very little whining, and hardly any temper tantrums. For 12 whole days. It was glorious! I was actually relieved that I had to stay a few days longer to wait for Alex to get paid so that I could put gas in the car to get home.


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment