Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In 6/23/14

Another great week!

But, WHY am I just now heeding the 'five small meals a day' advice?! When I originally started out with Weight Watchers last year, I would eat bigger meals and no snacks, but I was absolutely starving by lunch or dinnertime! It was much more difficult for me to control my portions that way and I found myself chipping away at the weekly points allowance little by little every day until they were all gone by my next weigh-in. Granted, those extra food choices I made were probably not the best  - sure, you might be able to eat some or all of those points and still see a success on the scale - but right now, until I am more disciplined in my eating habits, I only want to tap into the weekly points allowance for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas or when the day really gets away from us and we're getting points-expensive takeout for dinner.

Last week's weigh-in (6/16/14): 176.4 lbs
Today's weigh-in (6/23/14): 173.0 lbs

Change in weight: -3.4 lbs
Total change in weight: -8.8 lbs

What worked for me this week

I planned. I tracked. I exercised 6 out of the 7 days last week. In Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, one of her tips for getting regular exercise was to never skip a work out for two days in a row. Before, I would workout Monday through Friday and then give myself the weekend off; not only did I feel kind of off the hook as far as food went (and it's always much more of a challenge to stay on track over the weekends), but it was a lot harder to get back into the exercise groove the following week. I took my rest day on Friday last week, and found it so much easier to make smarter food choices over the weekend after having exercised on those days - even with the Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes that I made to celebrate the Summer Solstice!



Game plan for next week

Plan, track, exercise 6 out of 7 days.

My brother and Gomer are coming to visit next weekend, so I need to make sure that I stay focused and stay on track while they're here - which shouldn't be too difficult with my home-field advantage ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment