Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Lovin'

It was a really great day. McKenna and Kendall slept in an hour later than usual and then Alex got up with them to do the breakfast thing so that I could stay in bed a little longer. Once I moseyed into the kitchen, they had my yoga stuff out on the table with a homemade "Happy Mother's Day!" banner; 5 weeks of yoga classes! Woop! Yoga is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world and while I've been doing it here at home, I really miss the atmosphere of a class in an intimate little yoga studio. I'm pretty excited to finally take the tags off of the matching tote that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago, too.

Kendall has been feeling a little under the weather these past few days with a slight fever and tummy ache that comes and goes, so she and I stayed at home to cuddle on the couch and watch Frozen while Daddy and McKenna went to the beach as planned.


On the way home, McKenna asked Daddy to take her to get some flowers for me for Mother's Day and for Kendall, too, so that she would feel better.


:-) Heart, melted.

My friend Beth biked over to our house on her sweet new Mother's Day ride to give me a bottle of wine that I had mentioned in conversation the previous week. (I was at the grocery store with it in my cart, but put it back on the shelf because while it was on the list of 'wants', it wasn't on the list of 'needs' and we were getting close to hitting our budget for groceries.) She made a mental note of that and picked some up for me the next time she did her grocery shopping! How awesome is that :-D The wine was delicious, and I was so touched by her kindness. I'm really going to miss her when their family moves up to Pennsylvania next year!

I got out of the house for a bit by myself this afternoon while the girls were napping and then came home, did a little arts and crafting with McKenna,


talked to my Father-in-law who so thoughtfully called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, had pizza for dinner per my request and then it was a smooth and cooperative bath and bedtime for our little hooligans. All in all, a very happy Mother's Day indeed <3

No comments:

Post a Comment